Battlefield Advisory Committee
Wednesday, March 1, 11:00 am until 1:00 pm
One Avenue A and REMOTE
A meeting of the Battlefield Grant Advisory Committee
ABPP/NPS Battlefield Protection Program
Advisory Board meeting
Wednesday March 1, 2023 11AM-1 PM
Montague Town Hall
1 Avenue A, Turners Falls, MA
Join the zoom meeting here:
Meeting ID: 844 3896 1317
Dial +1 646 558 8656 US (New Y
- Review and vote minutes of February 1, 2023
- Updates on grant timeline and progress:
- Review time-line
- Continue discussions on educational component, process for developing four interpretive signs, research narratives, other modalities.
- RFPs for Principal Investigator and team; Tribal MOUs.
- Updates on the 350th commemorations for Deerfield and Northfield.
- FERC re-licensing and cultural resources
- Tribal updates and comments; Further board and public comments:
- Upcoming events:
- Feb 19th :feedback on Dr. Peter Thomas’ presentation in Northfield
- March 4: Dr. Marge Bruchac (Nulhegan Abenaki);Smithsonian Institution “Crossroads” event at the Shea Theater 4-6 PM, Turners Falls
- March 11 David Brule: “King Philip’s War In Your Backyard” focusing on battlefield study and findings. Trinitarian Church, Northfield 5-7PM
- March 12: Andre Strongbearheart Gaines, Jr. “Crossroads” event
at the Shea Theater in Turners Falls, 3-5 PM
- Other items not anticipated at the time of posting:
Submitted by D. Brule, project coordinator.
Battlefield Advisory Commission on 2023-02-27 09:16:27 (updated 2023-02-27 15:21:46).