IFB-FY20-05 WPCF Fuel Tank and Concrete Vault Removal Project
IFB - 05 - WPCF Fuel Tank and Concrete Vault Removal Project
- Category: Montague Open Projects
- Department: WPCF
- Fiscal Year: 2020
- Current Status: Awarded
- Skill(s): General Construction
- Chelsey Little, WPCF Superintendent
- IFB Published: Wed, April 29, 2020 at 8:00 AM
- Bidders Meeting: Thu, May 7, 2020 at 10:00 AM
- Q&A Closed: Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:00 PM
- Bids Due: Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM
- Bids Opened: Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM
- Bid Awarded: Mon, June 1, 2020 at 8:00 PM
- Associated Building Wreckers, Inc.
101 CABOT STREET, Unit 203, HOLYOKE, MA 01040
- Contract Price: $55,450.00
Bidding deadline has passed.
Last updated: 2020-09-15
- Fuel_Tank__Vault_Removal_Project_bid_tabulation_20_May_2020.pdf (2020-05-20)
- Admin_Building_Foundation.jpg (2020-05-08)
- BID_Questions_5072020.pdf (2020-05-08)
- Mand_Walkthrough_Attendees_5082020.pdf (2020-05-08)
- blue_print_-_utility_locations_sdmin_bldg_UST.pdf (2020-05-07)
- Construction_Guidance_COVID_03-25-20_removed.pdf (2020-05-05)
- Fuel_Tank_and_vault_removal_IFB_and_Forms.pdf (2020-04-28)
- Montague__Sample_Agreement.pdf (2020-04-28)
- PW_Sheet_20200427-051.pdf (2020-04-28)
The Bid tabulation from today is now posted. A huge thank you to all of the vendors who participated!
Please be advised: Bids are due by Wednesday May 20th, at 1:00PM at the Water Pollution Control Facility, located at 34 Greenfield Rd, Montague, MA. Bid openings will then occur at 1:00PM.
Question clarification update for question: "What are we responsible for removing?" "Concrete, aprox 1000g remaining oil, sand, tank"
That would be for approximately 1000 GALLONS of oil that remain in the tank.
A question was submitted via email by Dawn Murphy 5/13/20@0833: Does the sand from the vault have to go out on a manifest as containerized waste or does the LSP think it can go for asphalt batch on a BOL?
Answer: LSP advises unsure what analysis would find. If less than 60000PPM of hydrocarbons it can be asphalt, if greater than would be containerized waste. LSP will be taking a sample on Tuesday May 19 and sending out for analysis. In the mean time, it would be best to have a stand out bid per ton/yardage for both disposal methods, to which will be confirmed after analysis results are back from the sample.
Post-Walk Through Update 5.08.2020
Thank you to all of the vendors who attended the pre-bid walk through yesterday and successfully practiced social distancing with facial coverings.
The following attachments have been uploaded to the site for your reference:
-List of walk through attendees
-Q/A list from attendees
-Image of front of admin building foundation (related to one of the questions)
Just a reminder that the Q/A period closes Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 1:00pm.
Please be advised of the addition of the Construction Site Guidelines issued by the State of Massachusetts. All vendors must abide by guidelines and procedure protocols for this construction site. These guidelines have been added to file attachments for reference.
Due to the current COVID-19 social distancing protocols, the town requests for only one representative from each vendor to attend the bid walkthrough, if possible. Effective Wednesday, May 6, 2020, Governor Baker issued an Order requiring face masks or cloth face coverings in public places where social distancing is not possible. This applies to both indoor and outdoor spaces. The town would request that all attendees of the walkthrough wear face masks or coverings with exceptions to include those unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition.