Bidding deadline has passed.
The Town of Montague (the “Town”) is issuing this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to solicit pricing, qualifications, and project approaches under M.G.L. c. 164 § 143(d) and M.G.L. c. 30B, §6 and 225 CMR 20.00, from solar energy developers (“Respondent”) to:
(1) Complete the installation of (including all engineering, procurement and construction) a roof- mounted solar photovoltaic energy system (“System”) at the Montague Town Hall Annex Roof (“Town Hall”). This facility will be municipally owned. Developers shall propose an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract for this facility.
(2) Approach development of the System with the goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and maximizing economic benefit to the Town and its residents.
(3) Design and install all solar panels to withstand Montague weather conditions. This includes passing all applicable standards for minimum design loads for buildings and other structures, including wind loading requirements.
(4) Present at one Selectboard meeting at the schematic design stage of the project.
(5) Evaluate the rooftop of the Town Hall for solar feasibility, including a structural engineering analysis, and a proposal that details how the Respondent will utilize currently available incentives.
(6) Complete development of the roof-mounted solar photovoltaic energy system in a timely manner to maximize the financial benefit for the Town under the SMART program. Respondent will provide a schedule to complete development of the project within thirty (30) days of receipt of Notice of Award.
(7) Provide public facing data, such as a website that the Town can link to, that shows the real-time solar production of the System.
The Town intends, pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30B, §6 to (1) select the most highly advantageous Respondent per the evaluation criteria herein; (2) enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) pertaining to an engineering study of the premises; (3) subsequently execute an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract for the Town Hall system; and (4) enter into an operations and maintenance contract (“O&M contract”) for the Town Hall system. All contracts will be contingent on approval by the Town. This project is subject to the requirements of prevailing wage.
Last updated: 2023-07-31