Canal District Master Plan
Review the Slide Deck from Public Workshop #2 ’Re-envisioning the Canal District’
MassDevelopment is helping the Town to develop a master plan for the 16 acre Canal District in Turners Falls. This area comprises the former industrial sites along the Canal from the Turners Falls-Gill Bridge to Sixth Street.The state is expected to invest upwards of $15M into the Canal district over the next 5 years so things are really starting to heat up after decades of decline along the river.
Public Workshop #2 provided an opportunity to review several development scenarios and provide feedback to those ideas. This is refered to as the "visioning phase". The public is invited to review the slides from the session and comments may be provided to the town planner.
On this page you can find the files from the "investigation phase" report as well as slides from the first two public workshop sessions
Stay tuned for the final Workshop #3 this Fall.
Comments and questions can be directed to the Town Planner email@example.com
- 2022-05-24 Turners Falls Master Plan Study -Community Session 1 Slide Deck.pdf
- 2022-07-21- Canal District Master Plan - Investigation Phase Memo FINAL DRAFT Part 1.pdf
- 2022-07-21- Canal District Master Plan - Investigation Phase Memo FINAL DRAFT Part 2.pdf
- 2022-07-26 Turners Falls Master Plan Study- Community Session 2 Slide Deck part 1.pdf
- 2022-07-26 Turners Falls Master Plan Study- Community Session 2 Slide Deck part 2.pdf
Posted: to Planning Board on Mon, Jul 18, 2022
Updated: Mon, Jan 30, 2023