Annual Town Election
Montague’s Annual Town Election is always the third Monday of May.
Voting hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
There are 6 precincts (polling locations).
- Precinct No. 1: The Montague Center Precinct, the Montague Center Fire Station, 28 Old Sunderland Rd., Montague Center.
- Precinct No. 2: The Millers Falls Precinct, the Highland School Apartments Community Room, 446 Millers Falls Road, Millers Falls.
- Precinct No. 3: The Upper Hill Section of Turners Falls, the Hillcrest School Auditorium, 30 Griswold Street, Turners Falls.
- Precinct No. 4: The Second Level of Turners Falls, the Hillcrest School Auditorium, 30 Griswold Street, Turners Falls.
- Precinct No. 5: The Downtown section of Turners Falls, Montague Senior Center, 62 Fifth Street, Turners Falls.
- Precinct No. 6: The South End and Montague City Precinct, the Public Safety Complex Community Room, 180 Turnpike Road, Turners Falls.
Elected Offices in Montague
- Board of Assessors
- Board of Health
- Board of Library Trustees
- Board of Selectmen
- Montague Housing Authority
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Gill-Montague Regional School Committee
- Soldiers Memorial Trustee ( Veteran & Non Veteran)
- Treasurer & Tax Collector
- Town Clerk
- Town Meeting Members
- Tree Warden
How to Become a Candidate for Elective Town Office
Any qualified potential Townwide candidate may get his or her name on the ballot by filing nomination papers (available from the Town Clerk's office) bearing signatures of registered voters in the town totaling at least 1 percent of the votes cast in Montague for Governor in the most recent election for that office, but not more than 50. Nomination papers must be filed with the Registrars of Voters at least 49 days before the date of the town election. Nominees should obtain more than the minimum number of signatures required to protect against duplicate and/or invalid signatures.
Potential Town Meeting Members only need to obtain 10 qualified signatures from registered voters from their home precinct.
Potential Gill-Montague Regional School Committee members need to get their nomination papers from the Superintendent’s Office at 35 Crocker Ave, Turners Falls. (413)-863-9324
Additional Information for Candidates
Candidates for elected office should keep records of any campaign donations received and funds spent on their campaigns, if any. A campaign finance report must be filed with the Town Clerk according to the following schedule:
- 8 days before the election
- 30 days after the election
- At the end of the calendar year (due January 10 of the next year)
The Town Clerk's Office supplies the report forms at the appropriate times. The state office of Campaign and Political Finance can provide further information.