Parking violations are issued by the Montague Police Department. These fines range from $10.00 to $50.00 depending on the nature of the offense.
- Overtime parking $20.00
- Parking in a prohibited area $20.00
- Impeding snow/ice removal $20.00
- Parking to obstruct highway/loading area $20.00
- Parking on a tree belt $20.00
- Parking to near corner $20.00
- Parking left wheels to curb $20.00
- Parking in excess of one (1) foot from curb $20.00
- Parking in violation of winter ban $20.00
- Parking in tow away zone $20.00
- Other parking violation $20.00
- Parking on a sidewalk/crosswalk $50.00
- Parking within a fire lane $50.00
- Parking within ten (10) feet of a hydrant $50.00
- Parking in a handicapped space $50.00
The notice may be returned by mail, personally or by an authorized person.
Parking fines double after 21 days from the date of issue. A hearing may be obtained upon written request within 21 days by the registered owner; failure to obey the notice within 21 days after date of violation may result in the non-renewal of the license or registration certificate (G.L. Chap. 90 Sec 20A as amended).
Mail fines to Treasurer / Collectors office, 1 Avenue A, Turners Falls, MA 01376.
For more information, call the Montague Police Department non-emergency number 413-863-8911.